- Mexican Layered Salad: A zesty take on traditional layered salad, this fresh dish can be prepared in advance of any fiesta. Submitted by Joan Hallford of North Richland Hills, Texas.
- Chicken Chorizo Posole: A Southwestern staple! And it makes for delicious leftovers, too. Submitted by Jennifer Beckman of Falls Church, Va.
- Enchilada Casser-Ole!: Packed with black beans, cheese, tomatoes and Southwest flavor, this impressive entrée is as simple as it is simply delicious. Ole! Submitted by Marsha Wills, Homosassa, Fla.
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake: A cool, decadent end to a Cinco de Mayo menu. Caramel ice cream topping can be substituted for dulce de leche if not readily available at your grocery store. Submitted by Sonia Lipham of Ranburne, Ala.
- Fresh Lime Margarita: It wouldn’t be Cinco de Mayo without a margarita cocktail!
Patch Asks: What are your favorite Mexican dishes and drinks? Share your recipes in comments below.
What are your Cinco de Mayo plans? Looking for a local event? Check out the Cirque du Carver Carnival from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.