The next hearing regarding the proposed renovations for the was postponed from Oct. 9 and will instead take place Nov. 13 at the Huntington Middle School auditorium at 7 p.m. due to public request, the City of San Marino Planning and Building Department shared this week.
The hearing will address the final environmental impact report (EIR) of the proposed Huntington Education and Visitor Center Project, which is proposed for approximately 26.8 acres of the 207-acre property.
The City has also added an additional variance of the San Marino Municipal Code to be considered at the hearing, specifically one that would allow a reduction to the minimum lighting standards in the Huntington parking lot.
See five specific actions (including the new variance) that will be considered at the Nov. 13 hearing in the notice attached to this post.
The proposed project includes the following:
New buildings would include:
- An auditorium
- Four classrooms
- Below-grade collections and storage area with a connecting tunnel to the basement of the Munger Research Center
The Huntington Education and Visitor Center Project would replace the following existing facilities with new ones:
- Overseers’ Room
- Garden Court
- Multi-purpose room
- Store and ticketing kiosk
- Coffee shop (currently a coffee cart)
- Café portion of the tea room building
- Loading dock
The proposed Huntington Education and Visitor Center Project would require three basic components:
- Modifying the existing Historical and Cultural Zone Ordinance (requires City Council approval)
- A conditional use permit to allow redevelopment of facilities, parking, landscaping and other improvements within the existing entry complex area
- A conditional use permit to allow The Huntington to occasionally exceed maximum daily vehicle counts and standard operating hours a limited number of days per year, and to allow larger outdoor events with amplified sound to be conducted only in certain areas on the site.
Reminder: How Will Proposed Huntington Renovations Affect You?
Updated: Huntington Renovations Public Comment Period Extended
Huntington Renovations: Read and Respond to Draft Environmental Impact Report
Submit Comment About Proposed Huntington Renovations by Wednesday
Huntington Invites You to Comment on Its Renovations
UPDATED: Residents Concerned About Proposed Huntington Renovations