Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 13 and people will be flocking to eateries to celebrate mothers, grandmothers and special ladies in their lives.
San Marino has a few particularly attractive options for the weekend, so see what you think sounds best and be sure to make arrangements as soon as possible. We're each on this earth because of a mother, so there will be a lot of people celebrating!
Champagne Brunch or Tea, Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens
offers two special options just for Mother’s Day this year:
- "Classical Brunch" served al fresco in the Rose Garden with flute and harp accompaniment
- "Jazz Brunch" on the Overseers' Lawn served to the musical musings of a 3-piece jazz ensemble.
They will also offer their traditional English tea in the Rose Garden Tea Room.
Admission to The Huntington is a required additional charge.
Mother’s Day Menus,
Julienne is offering special Mother’s Day menus in four categories available for pick-up so you can feast at home or a picturesque local spot like .
- Brunch menu options include creme brulee French toast
- Mother's Day Picnic dishes include sliced cherry Rhubarb Chicken Breast
- Dinner will wow mom with dishes like crab & shrimp enchiladas with tomatillo sauce
- Dessert specials like orange almond celebration cake with berry garnish will strike a sweet note.
Menu selections will be available Friday, May 11 and Saturday, May 12
for pick-up after 11 a.m.
What are you doing for Mother’s Day? Do you have any ideas for food or activities to share? Tell us in the comments.