Whether you have just heard about the environmental study for the or have followed this subject for years, we encourage you to participate in our upcoming Open Houses and help spread the word.
For the SR-710 Study, Metro and Caltrans are evaluating options to improve mobility and relieve congestion within the study area of the western San Gabriel Valley and east/northeast Los Angeles. From May 14 through May 24, Metro and Caltrans will be hosting open houses during which the community will have an opportunity to view alternative concepts for the Study.
Why Now is an Important Time to Participate
In this meeting, people will learn about the multi-modal alternative concepts under evaluation in the SR-710 Study process, including, but not limited to, “no build” alternative, improvements to local streets, expansion of transit systems, as well as freeway options.
Now is a key opportunity to provide feedback as part of the ongoing Alternatives Analysis phase of the environmental review process as this longstanding issue reaches this key milestone.
About the Meeting Format
Come anytime during the meeting hours. Information at each of the open houses will be the same. The open houses are designed to provide one-on-one dialogue with the study team. This is a learning environment in which community members may engage at their own pace and in the subject matter that interests them most. The alternative concepts and other study process information will be available for viewing on large interactive boards staffed by multi-disciplinary team members. Please note that these forums are not public hearings and there will be no formal presentation. The following is the upcoming schedule of open houses for the month of May 2012.
- Thursday, May 17, 2012, 6-8 pm
- Eagle Rock Elementary
- 2057 Fair Park Av
- Los Angeles, CA 90041
- Saturday, May 19, 2012, 10 am -12pm
- La Cañada High School - Gymnasium
- 4463 Oak Grove Dr
- La Cañada, CA 91011
- Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 6-8pm
- El Monte Community Center
- 3130 Tyler Av
- El Monte, CA 91731
- Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 6-8pm
- South Pasadena Library - Community Room
- 1115 El Centro St
- South Pasadena, CA 91030
- Thursday, May 24, 2012, 6-8pm
- First Baptist Church of Alhambra
- 101 S. Atlantic Bl
- Alhambra, CA 91801
Here is some background on the process to date:
- April 2012: Metro held 13 Community Liaison Councils (CLCs). The CLCs were meetings throughout the study area where stakeholders signed up to get an early and in-depth opportunity learn about the alternatives screening process as it affects their community and the study area.
- March 2012: Metro hosted All Communities Convening meetings in El Sereno and East Los Angeles, where stakeholders from throughout the SR-710 Study Area participated in meetings to learn more about next steps and how they could get involved.
- March 2011: An extensive pre-scoping and scoping phase began in March 2011, which included a series of 21 public meetings.
To stay updated or to let us know how you will help spread the word, please reach out to us via the following channels:
Website: metro.net/sr710study Phone: 855-4-SR-710-0 / 855-477-7100
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
SR-710 Study Outreach Team